Sunday 2 August 2009

Alternate universes

While watching an episode of Stargate that revolved around (somewhat) an alternate universe I decided that it is highly feasible that they exist. Bare with me here, for every choice we make it effects our lives. Here's a hypothetical, let's say my parents forget to buy cereal and I am therefore forced to eat toast for breakfast (god forbid), I use a old jam thats hiding away in some dusty cupboard and get ill from some sort of bacteria (like I said hypothetical) and because of this I don't go on holiday to the the US, but because of this I don't die because the plain I was going to go on crashed. (this is all starting to sound a bit Final Destinationish) So essentially I live a longer life because I forgot to buy some cereal. Now this was a more drastic example but every choice we make can effect how our lives turn out. I for one find it extremely interesting, so when thinking about it like "what if I had done so and so, could I be doing this?" it begs the question, how can there not be alternate universes? Course I'm sure someone could come up an extremely good answer to that. Maybe I should stop taking everything quite so seriously and go back to enjoying parallel universe episodes of Stargate, Star Trek and other Star related franchises. Sorry for this random and slightly pointless first post, I'll get better as I go along I swear.

3 comments:

  1. I totally believe in parallel universes too. I love that stuff. The Wish!
    If I think about it too much my head tends to feel like it will implode but I feel that way when I think too much in general so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in parallel universes as well, its really amazing how small choices can have a large impact on our lives without us really realizing it. I bet alt. universe Seb is having a good time=P

    Nice entry=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally believe in parallel universes, infact a lot of scientists studying quantum physics are starting to think that possibly parallel universes may explain alot of what they dont understand about our universe.
    Also it's kinda cool to think there are a gazillion trillion dillion other me's out there, or maybe it's kinda scary i'm not sure?
    Great post and brilliant blog
    Mikey

    ReplyDelete